Pictures and text by Tyler Brown
This war memorial is located just outside of one of the few small towns between Görlitz and Bad Muskau. A one lane road connects those two towns and follows the current German-Polish border (the Neisse river).
The grounds and design of the memorial are impressive. With the Neisse below and behind the structure and the tank positioned in an uphill attitude and surrounded by an angled wall growing higher the further it gets from the tank, it gives the impression that the tank is emerging from the river and thrusting straight into Germany and on to victory.
|Its inscription reads in Russian, German, and Polish: Historical Marker of the struggle for our liberation by the Soviet and Polish Armies in March 1945|