Pictures and text by Mark R. Hatlie
In the place where other churches might put their memorial to the fallen in wartime, this Protestant church in Boeblingen which overlooks the entire down town has a large stone plaque. These pictures were taken on October 25, 2005.
|It is hardly noticeable from a distance.|
|Only very close up is it readable at all: "Destroyed by bombs during the night of 7/8 October 1943, rebuilt 1949/1950 for the glory of God." The crude image shows a Phoenix rising out of the ashes.|